However, I recently came across this new site: www.getsitecontrol.com where you can create a variety of pop-ups widgets such as surveys, promotions, listbuilders, social media share and follow widgets and chat widgets. The PRO version allows you to select from their gallery of icons which are simply adorable as you can see from the images below. You can also custom select your own pictures.
Best of all, these are SMART widgets, where you can customize the widget with behavioural and targeting settings, such as
- How many times an individual sees the widget (e.g. on every single page vs once a day, week, month)
- When to start showing the widget (e.g. immediately, after 5 seconds, when the visitor is about to leave)
- When to stop showing the widget (e.g. mine is set to stop after 3 impressions)
- Where to display the widgets (e.g. as a bar, as a tab or covering the screen)
- Who to show it to (e.g. exclude from certain devices, exclude from returning visitors)
- Which pages to show it on (e.g. this one! Watch out for the pink survey and please take part in it so that I can get a free PRO subscription for 3 months)
- Survey widgets have the capability to include skip logic and branching of questions
- You can A/B test your widgets
- Integrations are offered with Mailchimp, Aweber, Google Analytics
- Can be offered in any language.
For a more comprehensive list of use cases, visit their blog page here. These widgets are FREE. Yup totally free. Except that the free version does not let you use the cute icons shown above. For that feature, and some of the more advanced targeting and behavioural settings, you will need to subscribe to their Plus or Pro plans. See details of pricing and features here.
So what do you think? Yay or Nay? Should I stop using these widgets on my site? Tell me in the survey you see!
P.S. Try them out! If you write a post like this on your blog, you'll get 3 month of their plus subscription. Click on this link to go to the site (referral link, all proceeds go to the campaign).